The new AAA report on the 2013 car ownership costs says we will spend an average $9,122 on our cars this year – an increase of nearly 2 percent over 2012, about the rate of inflation.
What are you likely to spend to own and operate other types of vehicles?
- Small sedans will average 46.4 cents a mile, or $6,967 for all of 2013.
- Midsize sedans jump to 61.0 cents a mile, or $9,151.
- Large sedans will average 75.0 cents a mile, or $11,248.
- An all-wheel drive SUV will cost 77.3 cents a mile, or $11,599.
- Minivans will average 65.3 cents a mile, or $9,795.