This page is a resource for information about transportation services in your community! Contact each service directly to schedule trips, ask questions, and share feedback. For general information, call RIPTA’s customer service department at 401-781-9400.
- Route 12 Attleboro/South Attleboro:
- Fixed-route bus travels to/from Broadway & Benefit in Pawtucket and Attleboro Transit Center (MA) with stops in between.
- Call 800-483-2500 with questions.
- Route 16 Seekonk/Attleboro:
- Fixed-route bus stops near Pawtucket at Market Basket and Central Plaza on the way to Attleboro Transit Center (MA).
- Call 800-483-2500 with questions.
Local Transportation Services
Pawtucket Senior Shuttle
- Transportation is offered to Pawtucket residents age 55+ and those with a disability under age 55.
- Transportation hours: 7:30 AM to 2 PM.
- Transportation available by request for trips to the bank, grocery store, pharmacy, or Leon Mathieu Senior Center for activities and appointments.
- Membership is required to participate in programs or activities. However residents don’t have to be senior center members to receive transportation services for daily errands.
- No transportation is provided to medical appointments.
- Department store shopping trips and lunch trips are available only to senior center members, for a $2 fee.
- Service is free.
- For more information or to schedule a trip, contact the Senior Center Office at 401-728-7582, Monday-Friday 8:30 AM to 4 PM.
- Website: http://www.pawtucketri.com/senior-center
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) &
Elderly Transportation Program (ETP)
Medical Transportation Management (MTM) provides statewide transportation for Medicaid members and for all Rhode Islanders age 60+ for routine, non-emergency medical appointments. Trips must be scheduled at least two business days in advance and must occur Monday-Friday between 5 AM and 6 PM. Call 855-330-9131 to schedule.
Fixed-route buses operate along designated routes with specified stops. Information on these routes is provided by public schedules.
RIde service is available through an application process for individuals whose disability prevents use of the fixed route system or prevents travel to or from bus stops. RIde operates within a 3/4-mile corridor on either side of a fixed route and costs $4 per trip. Learn more at RIde Paratransit Program – RIPTA or call 401-461-9760.
A vanpool is a shared mobility program where participants traveling on similar routes lease a vehicle and collectively decide their daily route, times, driving responsibilities, and stop locations. For information, contact RIPTA Commuter Resources: 401-784-9575 or email@example.com
Find taxi providers that operate in Pawtucket here.
MBTA Commuter Rail
- Providence-Stoughton Line: round-trip rail service from Boston to Pawtucket/Central Falls, downtown Providence, T.F. Green International Airport, and Wickford Junction (North Kingstown).
- Station: 300 Pine Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860
- Call for information and support: 617-222-3200
- Station information: https://www.mbta.com/stops/place-NEC-1891
- Door to door transportation as needed for Village members. (Membership rates are sliding scale but individuals must be registered to access the transportation service.)
- Typical trips are for shopping, errands, medical appointments, and social events, and can be any destination within a reasonable radius of the Providence Village.
- Providence Village service area covers the neighborhoods of Oak Hill and Woodlawn in Pawtucket, the East Side of Providence (Fox Point, Wayland, College Hill, Blackstone, Hope and Mount Hope), Downtown, and the Jewelry District.
- Drivers are trained and vetted volunteers.
- Call 401-228-8683 for more information or to schedule a ride.
- Website: Providence Village.
The data contained herein is for informational purposes only. It has been produced and processed directly from third parties. RIPTA makes no warranty, whether express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, reliability or usefulness of the information. RIPTA is not responsible for updating the information or for any changes made by the third parties. Any questions, concerns, comments, or complaints should be forwarded directly to the respective third party.