This page is a resource for information about transportation services in your community! Contact each service directly to schedule trips, ask questions, and share feedback. For general information, call RIPTA’s customer service department at 401-781-9400.
- 1-hour ferry service between Providence, Bristol, and Newport.
- Runs June through October:
- Providence to Newport on weekdays and weekends.
- Stops at Bristol on weekends and holidays.
- Providence Ferry Terminal: 25 India Street, Providence, RI 02903
- Complimentary shuttle bus service between the Providence train station, convention center, downtown, and the Providence Ferry Terminal.
- Fares and ticket info: https://seastreak.com/ferry-routes-and-schedules/between-providence-newport-ri/
- Bus Terminal Address: Peter Pan Bus Terminal, 1 Peter Pan Way, Providence, RI 02904 (Exit 39B off I-95)
- Ticket Counter Hours: Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon 10 AM – 6 PM (Closed Tue/Wed)
- Learn more: https://peterpanbus.com/providence-terminal/
Providence Senior Services
- Pre-arranged group transportation only for senior high-rise residents and senior centers for shopping or other activities.
- Trips are arranged through Resident Services Coordinators and Senior Center Directors in Providence. Individual trip requests are not accepted.
- Age requirement: 60+
- Service hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-3:30pm.
- Contact Senior Services Program Assistant at 401-383-2391.
- Website: providenceri.gov/seniorservices
Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) &
Elderly Transportation Program (ETP)
Medical Transportation Management (MTM) provides statewide transportation for Medicaid members and for all Rhode Islanders age 60+ for routine, non-emergency medical appointments. Trips must be scheduled at least two business days in advance and must occur Monday-Friday between 5 AM and 6 PM. Call 855-330-9131 to schedule.
Nearly all RIPTA routes connect through Providence. The routes that DO NOT enter Providence are routes 13, 16, 23, 29, 63, 64, 67, 68, 69, 71, 73, 75, 76, 80, and 87 as well as the six Flex zones. To find details of specific routes, go to RIPTA’s routes schedules page: https://www.ripta.com/schedules/
RIde service is available through an application process for individuals whose disability prevents use of the fixed route system or prevents travel to or from bus stops. RIde operates within a 3/4-mile corridor on either side of a fixed route and costs $4 per trip. Learn more at RIde Paratransit Program – RIPTA or call 401-461-9760.
A vanpool is a shared mobility program where participants traveling on similar routes lease a vehicle and collectively decide their daily route, times, driving responsibilities, and stop locations. For information, contact RIPTA Commuter Resources: 401-784-9575 or firstname.lastname@example.org
E-scooters and bikes: https://www.providenceri.gov/planning/e-scooter-share-pilot-program/
Find taxi providers that operate in Providence here.
- Northeast Regional: regional service connecting Boston to Virginia Beach.
- Acela: express service connecting Boston to Washington D.C.
- https://www.amtrak.com/ or call 1-800-USA-RAIL for tickets.
MBTA Commuter Rail
- Providence-Stoughton Line: round-trip rail service from Boston to Pawtucket/Central Falls, downtown Providence, T.F. Green International Airport, and Wickford Junction (North Kingstown).
- Foxboro Event Service route: service from Providence Station to Foxboro Station (a short walk to Gillette Stadium) during football season and for concerts and events.
- Hours of operation vary by event.
- Providence Station located downtown at 100 Gaspee Street, Providence, RI 02903.
- Visit https://www.mbta.com/ or call 1-800-392-6100 for more schedule and pricing information.
- Door to door transportation as needed for Village members. (Membership rates are sliding scale but individuals must be registered to access the transportation service.)
- Typical trips are for shopping, errands, medical appointments, and social events, and can be any destination within a reasonable radius of the Providence Village.
- Providence Village service area covers the neighborhoods of Oak Hill and Woodlawn in Pawtucket, the East Side of Providence (Fox Point, Wayland, College Hill, Blackstone, Hope and Mount Hope), Downtown, and the Jewelry District.
- Drivers are trained and vetted volunteers.
- Call 401-228-8683 for more information or to schedule a ride.
- Website: Providence Village
The data contained herein is for informational purposes only. It has been produced and processed directly from third parties. RIPTA makes no warranty, whether express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, reliability or usefulness of the information. RIPTA is not responsible for updating the information or for any changes made by the third parties. Any questions, concerns, comments, or complaints should be forwarded directly to the respective third party.